Grand Parade Investments Limited Group Privacy Notice in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We value your privacy and are committed to ensuring your personal information is collected and used only as lawfully allowed, and in a proper and transparent manner. We set out herein how we collect, use and/or disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI).
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements, to make your online experience more effortless and to communicate with you in relation to matters of relevance to you. We may use some of the information you provide to help us improve our site design and efficiency.
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and as agreed with you. Further, with your permission, we may disclose your personal information to third parties as necessary for the delivery of products or services to you. We will ensure that these parties comply with all relevant privacy requirements under existing law.
When you register or otherwise engage on our website your usage information may be collected using cookies, which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information. You may review our cookies policy below.
We are legally obliged to protect your personal information in our possession from unauthorised access and use. We continue to assess and review our security controls to ensure that such information remains secure.
You are advised that our website uses Google Analytics. Information about how Google uses data and how to opt out of analytics tracking can be found at the following link: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Our website may contain links to other sites not under our control, and we cannot take responsibility or accept liability for how your personal information may be dealt with should you access those sites via links from our website. You are advised to review the relevant privacy policies and information on those sites.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and/or ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information as may be held by us. To do this, simply contact us at the email address as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information or making changes to the personal information we may hold about you. Please note that a request to access information may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Definition of personal information: According to the POPI Act, "personal information" means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
There are two types of cookies, namely permanent and temporary or session cookies. Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for up to 24 months. Session cookies are stored temporarily and disappear when you close your browser session.
You can easily erase cookies from your computer or mobile device using your browser. For instructions on how to handle and delete cookies please look under "Help" in your browser. You can choose to disable cookies, or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your computer or mobile device.
1. This e-mail legal notice is enforceable and binding on the recipient/addressee, as contemplated/provided for in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002. This Act may be downloaded from: http://www.acts.co.za
2. This e-mail transmission contains confidential information, proprietary to the sender. No person, other than the intended recipient may access the contents of this message, links or attachments hereto. Unauthorised disclosure and/or use of this message, links or attachments hereto may lead to criminal and/or civil liability.
3. If you are not the intended recipient/s, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail transmission is strictly prohibited. Should you have received this e-mail in error, you are required to immediately delete it, including any attachments.
4. Taking any action in reliance hereon or pursuant hereto is done at your risk and the sender shall not be held liable for any reliance placed on information contained herein.
5. The e-mail address of the sender may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed or otherwise incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or other marketing practices, without the prior written consent of the sender.
6. Under no circumstances will the sender of this e-mail be liable to any party for any loss/damages (whether direct, indirect, special or other consequential) arising out of/pursuant to the use of this email, any hyper linked web site, or otherwise.
7. No warranties are made or implied as to the authority of an employee or contractor of GPI. GPI disclaims liability for all/any unauthorized instruction/s and/or communications.
8. GPI retains the copyright in all e-mail messages and attachments sent from its communication system/s. If you are the intended recipient of an authorised message, you are hereby licensed to open and read the message and/or attachments only – all other rights are reserved by GPI unless so indicated by the authorised sender.
9. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily express and/or reflect the views and/or opinions of GPI. If this e-mail message was used for purposes unrelated to the business of GPI, GPI disclaims liability for all/any loss/damage arising out of/pursuant the content of this message and the sender shall be responsible for the content hereof in his/her personal capacity.
10. Subject to the right to seek urgent and interim court relief, all disputes in respect of the enforceability and/or interpretation of this e-mail legal notice, the content (including message headers, links and/or attachments) of this e-mail message; and/or the sending or receipt of this e-mail message.
11. The law of South Africa shall be applied to determine the disputes referred to above.
12. Information disclosures required by law:
12.1. Full name of company:
12.2. Registration number:
12.3. VAT registration number:
12.4. Country of incorporation: SOUTH AFRICA
12.5. Current directors:
12.6. Postal address:
12.7. Street address:
12.8. Promotion of Access to Information Act Manual: https://www.gov.za/documents/promotion-access-information-act-manual#
13. This e-mail legal notice shall at all times take precedence over any other e-mail disclaimer/s received by employees or contractors utilising the communication facilities of GPI.